Monday, November 9, 2009

Moving Day and Milestones!

Well, It's official! We're homeowners again, and we owe a HUGE thank you to the crew we had on Saturday. It was a beautiful day and we had many hands working hard to get us moved. I still can't find a ton of stuff, and we're living out of boxes, but we're in! Here's some pics of the big day.




I love this picture of Jack getting to know Caroline. He was fascinated with her soft hair and tiny fingernails.



Ellie was all smiles feeding her baby cousin!



Could not have moved without this crew! Love them all!!!



Karen organized my whole kitchen and lined all the shelves. WoW! Here she pauses for a baby break, although she wasn't still for long! She also orchestrated our food for the day. Yum. I am humbled by her help and generosity.





Wendy hung all the mini blinds so we'd have privacy our first night home. Awesome!


Look who's the center of attention!! Can you see her in the middle??


Sorry if you've been awaiting a new blog post...but we've been a little busy! I can't believe this little angel is going to be 4 weeks old tomorrow..oh, how that makes me sad!! Time goes so fast. She's just a doll, and I'm loving every moment..even those wee moments in the middle of the night. Oh, and if you ever need info on what's on television at 3am, I can fill you in..I've seen just about every infomercial there is while up feeding her at all hours of the night. Let me know if you need a 1-800 number for any Gunther-Renker home product!

We are also now accepting visitors and baby-holders if anyone wants to help! Every time I get a moment to organize or unpack, my little girl needs attention, so if anyone wants to come and help hold a baby, give us a holler! You just have to promise to ignore the mess.


Catchin' some zz's with Dad before the big move...there's a smile there!

We closed at 3pm on Friday, November 6th. Woo-hoo! Rick is so happy to be a homeowner- he shows off the keys! We celebrated in style with champagne, cheese, crackers, and roses. Rick cracks me up. The first thing he did was pull both cars into the garage. He's been wanting to do that for a long time!


Our realtor Anita Bailey has a fun time at our closing...she gets to hold Caroline the entire time! We were too busy signing our names!

Caroline's been a trooper throughout the whole move. She discovered her fingers and began sucking on her thumb on Halloween- but hasn't done too much since. It was a cute moment. Then on her 3 week 1 day birthday, her cord fell off- finally! I felt like my little baby was growing up when this happened. She can finally take a real bath- now we just have to find the tub! I love this pic...wonder what she's dreaming about! Perhaps that new nursery!


and here she's contemplating how we'll be decorating that nursery....or perhaps contemplating filling her pants!
Okay- now there's a blog lengthy enough to make up for my slacking! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! All of it is lovely! I knew you had a big weekend and am so impressed you already have such a long entry posted! The house looks beatiful and of course so does your gorgeous girl! Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete