Thursday, July 7, 2011

Surgery went well!

God is good! Our little girl is quite the trouper! What a sweetie. She did give her doc many sweet smiles yesterday which I believe made all the difference!

The worst is over and she is on the mend. She's a bit swollen but really doing well. She is off the morphine and only on Tylenol right now and seems to be tolerating it well. She also has finished her antibiotics, nursed three times, wet her bed sheets twice (darn those IV fluids!), and she's also taken some formula. The nurse is getting ready to help get her cleaned up a bit so we can head home. YAY! Doc has to give the official approval, but I know that those smiles convinced him she's ready. Thanks for all your prayers, love, and support.

And Rhonda- thanks for the peach muffin this morning- it hit the spot and allowed me to keep watch over Lucy. You are awesome! I also appreciated Grandpa Smith's extra time here last night to cuddle with our girl, and I loved the company. I'm ready for a tall drink and a nice massage, but mostly just ready to hold my girl, see her big sister, and get back in to our routine.
Love you all! - Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment