Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Two Years

Two years ago, this precious little bundle became a part of our family.

And now...what a change. What a miracle. What a joy. I get to witness the excitement light up in her eyes as she opens a present at breakfast on her birthday.

I can see the wonder in her eyes as she hears strangers sing Happy Birthday!

I see the excitement in her face when she realizes that ice cream is all hers!


Mmmm-mmmm.

Yes, that's worth another taste.

Sharing present time with Daddy.

I want it out of the package right NOW!

Sweet Caroline, you are a joy to us. You light up our days - even when you can throw a tantrum like no other. Our world is a better place because you are in it. Two years ago I thought I was the happiest person in the world - I just didn't realize each day that you'd make me even happier than the day before. I love hearing you talk and giggle. I love to see you discover new things and hear your voice raise when you do. I love how you and Lucy can make each other giggle and smile. I love that every morning your head goes on my shoulder to give me a hug. I love that every time you say goodbye you always insist on a hug and a kiss. I love how you repeat the words 'Honey' and 'Sweetie' when you hear us call you this. I love how you light up when you see your Daddy. I love how you say Lucybug and get up in Lucy's face to make her take notice of you. I love how music makes you dance and wiggle. I love that when you hear songs you've heard before you sing right along. I love how you take roll call - saying the names of all the people you love, and each day I am more amazed at you than the day before.


Don't grow up, punkin. I love you too much just.like.you.are.

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment