Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Language Lesson

Just in case you were wondering, I thought I'd translate for you the latest Toddler Speak in the Smith household. 
 
The Urban Dictionary of Lucy-
 
Bonkie - Blankie - Lucy's most important prized possession
Yuh -you - I love you
Pill-yough- Playdough - Still can't get used to this one.  I look for the pillow every. time.
Keenduhl - Kindle
Effant-Elephant
Kay yine - Caroline
Oh Kigh - Okay
Oh Goomesh - Oh My Goodness
Fick It - Fix it
Boke it - Broke it
Gup - Get up - as in, Daddy Gup!
Time Ooot - Time out
Showyah - Shower
Mulk - Milk
Wahduh-Water
Pazzi - Pizza
Nakey- Naked
Teelly - Tilly
Bawking - Barking
YouSee - Lucy
Goggy - Doggy - usually heard with the word "bad" in front of it..."Bad Goggy, Teelly"
Doorduh- Dora, as in, the Explorer
Ruh Roh - Uh Oh
Jaff - Giraffe
 
 
 
The Urban Dictionary of Caroline-
 
Swandwich - Sandwich
Printpaw - Pawprint
Seatcart - Carseat
Bo nay dough - Tomato
Pazzi - Pizza
What her doing? - What is she doing?
Where we are? - Where are we?
Peanuts -That's what boy's have ( I did NOT teach her this one.) 
 
And there you have it - the latest and greatest of Lucy and C-Speak.  I'll have to do another update in a few months.  I'm pretty sure Lucy is from Boston, where Goggies can be heard bawking, and where you lay down to go nigh nigh with your Bonkie and say YuhYou. 



No comments:

Post a Comment