Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Flu strikes

Ugh.. It's definitely not fun around here. On Thursday night Caroline officially inducted her Daddy into parenthood when she threw up all over him. Poor thing continued to battle the stomach bug all night. She was finally on the mend Saturday and keeping some food down, when low and behold...Mommy gets it! Getting the flu is never fun, but gettting the flu while 38 weeks pregnant just sucks.

I made it through with help from family, but called Rick home from work early Saturday night. I was a mess, contracting, weak, couldn't keep any fluids in me, and I needed popsicles! What I didn't expect was that Rick arrived home..also sick! Yikes!

It's been a rough couple of days, but on the bright side, my popsicles have jokes on them- bonus!
At least the contractions have subsided. I certainly wasn't ready to bring baby into the world with everyone ill! Who knows? Maybe our next post will be newsworthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment