Saturday, December 5, 2009

Getting ready for the holiday!

Well, what's a holiday without a photo with Santa? I hadn't intended on visiting with Santa this year, but Monday night the merchants uptown Marysville held their Christmas Walk. It was a cold night, so we bundled up and headed out. Wendy and Matt and family waited in the long line to see Santa and as they approached the front of the line, they asked us to join them! (sorry to those behind us!!) After all, it is her first Christmas, so we jumped in and took advantage of the opportunity!
Here's a couple pics of our 'Jolly Baby' enjoying herself at home!


With a new home we finally have a fireplace- so I was on a mission to find us stockings this year. I think these fit the bill! And decorating the mantle was easy- these packages were centerpieces at our wedding and Dad had been using them for display at his store. I think they're perfect- sentimental and a quick fix for my holiday decor dilemma! (okay, perhaps I have been watching too much HGTV on my time at home???)
Here's the look with my skinny tree next to the fireplace to complete the look. I don't really have the energy to decorate much more of the house- and anxiously awaiting that sofa still. Once it's in place, perhaps I will feel like I can get other things decorated. For now, this will do!

1 comment: