Saturday, December 5, 2009

IKEA- part one!

740 lbs! Of furniture, that is! It arrived in 13 boxes Wednesday by truck delivery. I simply pointed upstairs. I didn't realize it would all be stacked at the foot of our bed...this made navigating a bit interesting! Wow- this looks like work.
The picture doesn't do it justice but I think there must have been over 200 pieces of hardware here...and this is only for one piece of furniture! Yikes!
Friend Jim King stopped by to assist with the king bed assembly-and boy we sure needed him! There was no way I was going to be able to lift those heavy pieces....
...or maneuver into this position!
After the bed was complete Rick was a pro-and tackled dresser number one. No smiles for the photographer though..perhaps I took a few too many!??
And here is the loft/office space complete with our Ikea cubbies along the wall. Loving this! We'll update with part 2 once the bedroom is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment